Thursday, July 2, 2009

Recent bento finds

My son and I went shopping yesterday and today and kept our eyes out for items that aren't **specifically** bento tools, but would work great nonetheless.

The first thing we saw was an ice cream scoop (they also had cookie scoops) that would work to make rice balls -- they had a silicon bottom that would help to push out the rice ball once formed:


Not sure I'd spend the money, but it was interesting to think about.

Today's Target finds in the dollar section were:

Sandwich cutters for making dino shapes and butterfly shapes.

Paper punchers for decorations.

A drink bottle and sandwich keeper in camo print.

I saw more of the small snack boxes with a sports and a flower theme (but don't have a picture.) All of the Sesame Street boxes were long gone!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I've been looking for a lunchbox that's thin but you can't get them in Holland. Don't know why: it would be so much more handy in a laptop bag :\ 'Thankfully' this print wouldn't do for me so I won't feel tooooo upset LOL

    I really like the ice scoops as well. I have an oldfashioned metal type.

    It looks like you had a great shopping day ;)

    ReplyDelete