Friday, June 26, 2009

Back-to-bento! (#57)

Best laid plans ... and all that jazz.

So, I was not up and at 'em early enough to put a bento together for The Hubster, but he got himself a lunch (and, from the looks of the fridge, he took some rotisserie chicken), but didn't take a picture of it and I suspect it wasn't done as a bento anyway.

After I was showered and dressed, I pulled a bento together for myself:


It consists of cubed rotisserie chicken from Costco, cole slaw, carrots, wasabi peas, cheese, yogurt and chocolate.

I had a slight problem keeping it horizontal as I got into the car this morning and was skeeved out to realize that the wasabi peas had tipped over and landed in the raspberry yogurt. I was able to fish them out and they didn't affect the yogurt at all. **phew!** However, I should've wrapped the cup of wasabi peas in plastic wrap to keep them from getting soggy.

Otherwise, it was a perfect lunch for me and I was thrilled to have it.

On the "the Mother of the Year trophy slipped through my fingers once again" front, I totally didn't make The Boy a bento and just told him to slap together a PB&J for himself. As it turned out, it was too hot today for him to feel hungry and he ended up just eating a fruit cup anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment