Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Hubster goes back to work!

Today marked the first day for my husband to go back to work after a two week (sorta) comp vacation. I say "sorta" because he had to do a lot of work from home through all of that, but he *WAS* home and that made it better.

Much of his first week of vacation, I was away in Walt Disney World with girlfriends and he got to stay home and veg in front of the TV, mess around with video games and basically be a vegetable until I returned. My son finished up his last day of school a few days after that, so we --as a family-- got some great play time together, seeing movies, playing games, and enjoying each other for more than a full week.

As always, I was my jokey self and always trying to keep things lighthearted. What was so wonderful was that, in response to my silliness, I heard The Hubster laugh more this past week than I have in, probably, a year.

What a blessing!

**sigh**

On the bento-front:

As of tomorrow, I'll be packing daily bentos for my husband again and packing ones on Mondays and Fridays for my son and myself for the days that I'm in the office, working.

I'll be taking pics for the blog with my new cell phone.

It's an enV3 that I had to purchase in a panic after I left my old enV on the roof of the car during a rainstorm. On an interesting note, the old enV has come back from "the brink" --all except the camera works again-- and my son has been enjoying having a Qwerty keyboard. I've gotten more multi-syllabic texts in the past few days than I have in the 18 months since we got him a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment