Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The dogs in my life

It's a cruddy picture, but I didn't want to deal with getting a flash camera for fear that they'd move.... but here are my two dogs (taken with my cell phone.)


The one on the left is my 10 year old border collie -- Treelo. (The little devil who woke me up last night.) He's a total Frisbee hound and, despite some pretty serious arthritis in his knees, he will still run to the point of total exhaustion.... on the part of the Frisbee thrower. He'd **never** admit defeat!

The one on the right is my beautiful girlie, Kenzie. She was rescued from Delaware by a group that told us she was a border collie.

Um... no. She's way too big, totally dim-witted, and unmotivated to move more than absolutely necessary.

She's also in complete possession of my heart.

When we got her, she had been on the streets for a looooong time and they suspected she'd had puppies. She weighed 32 pounds, had intestinal worms and heartworm. We drove to Delaware to get her and, the moment we saw her running through the rescue organization's yard, we knew she wasn't a BC.

But, she was a total clown and needed our help. We got her in our car and I proceeded to bond her to me for life by rubbing her chest the entire trip. The dog hasn't left my side since.

She *has* gained tons of weight. She now is a big, fluffy, beautiful girl of 85 pounds and is the sweetest most grateful dog I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment