Monday, March 16, 2009

Mom and Dad's bentos (#2 and #3)

I have yet to receive my order from Ichiban Kan, but I used a divided Rubbermaid container I found at Walmart for these bentos I made for my husband and myself. It's mainly finger food of rolled turkey, salami, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. I added a childhood favorite of cream cheese on lebanon balogna (a sweet lunchmeat popular in PA's Amish country .) I had some mini pitas in my lunchbag, but I wish I'd thought about something crunchy, like crackers. I tossed in a mini cocktail fork in bright red.

All day at work, I kept thinking about my lunch -- just sitting there in my drawer, calling to me. I finally gave in to the temptation at 11:30. (But, hey, I'd been awake since 6AM and that coffee was only gonna hold me so long!) I cracked the lid and sighed... it was pretty, it smelled good, and it was all foods I really like.

Yum dilly-icious!

It didn't hurt that my dear hubby sent me a text saying how much he was enjoying his too. :D

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I had no idea lebanon balogna with cream cheese was a local PA thing. I saw that in your bento and started licking my lips! DJ's getting some of those next week! I love your grow-up bentos. They're so bright and colorful!

    Teenager and boy bentos are always hard. They're picky eaters and never want to look uncool. :p ::sigh:: For future refernce, mini pitas, flat-out wraps, and naan travel well in bentos, but I don't know how much you'll be using them in your teen bentos. Hmmm...that's something to chew on...

    ReplyDelete