Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dad's bento (#5)

Completely ignoring the fact that today is St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to use up leftovers from last night's chicken parmesan dinner. I made a frittata from the leftover spaghetti (added beaten eggs to the spaghetti and sauce, fried it in a cast iron pan until the bottom was crust-like, then popped it in the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 350 until the top was cooked. I finished it with some grated parmesan and let it cool.) The chicken parm was cut up into nuggets and I added a separate cup of spaghetti sauce for dipping. I cubed some cheese and popped in a couple of cherry tomatoes.

It's terribly monochromatic, but I didn't have the energy to be creative.

On the good news front: my Ichiban Kan order has shipped and should be here by the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry overmuch now about the monochromia. As you keep making bentos, you'll get in the habit of searching the produce when you're grocery shopping for varied colors. I even try to keep no less than 5 colors of fruits and veg in the freezer or canned, pickled in the pantry. If you stock up well, you'll have no trouble shopping for different colors from our own pantry. You're doing great!

    Don't forget to post a picture of all your Ichiban Kan loot before you use it. It's a thing - you always post pictures of your new gear! I can't wait to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete