Friday, March 27, 2009

Boy's bento (#11)

More meatballs -- which my son loved, even though they were still cold. He ended up not touching the celery or peanut butter, but loved having a small soda (one of those 6 oz cans) in his lunch. (It's such a treat for a diabetic to have real soda.)

I included an "Oatmeal to Go" because I came across a couple in our rescue kit (the lunchbag we take everywhere with us, filled with 15-carb, quick-acting sugar treats to reverse a low blood sugar.) I'm trying to make sure that we use up all the gluten-containing foods before our appointment with the GI doctors... just in case.

While I'm still secretly hoping that The Boy does not have Celiac Disease, I feel rather ready to take the plunge and go fully gluten free. A good friend sent me her unused bread machine -- so I've got that going for me, which is nice. ;) I've also been reading tons and tons of library books on GF cooking, finally finding a few that I wanted to actually buy. Plus, I realized that we actually eat a lot of meals where it's easy to remove/replace the non-GF ingredients.

Diabetes: This is a 75 carb meal.
GF: There is gluten (or contamination of glutens) in the oats. The meatballs also contain breading.

No comments:

Post a Comment