Monday, March 30, 2009

Mom's bento (#14)

We had a rotisserie chicken this weekend, so I made chicken salad with the leftovers and added a cup of sliced almonds and craisins to mix in right before I ate. (If you add them earlier, the almonds get mushy and the craisins leave "interesting" blobs of pink on the chicken.)

I included a strawberry, but realized that I needed to slice it to get it to fit into the bento -- so I took care of that after I'd already posted the picture to the blog.

The Smartie was supposed to be my treat, but.... the moment I smelled that Reese's Cup, I had to slip that into my bag as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I read this entry! I have a fridge full of leftover rotisserie chicken that my guys don't want to eat! ("But I don't like soup for dinner! I'm tired of chicken." :p) I'm gonna make some curried chicken salad to freeze batches of for future bentos. Yum!

    ReplyDelete