Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy's bento (#1)

My son isn't particularly picky, but he doesn't like mayonnaise. (Oy!) So, it was no wonder they he felt his mini pita sandwiches with turkey and cheese were a little dry. I fell in love with the Cheeto's curls the moment I saw them in the store, but they got soggy in the open Lock & Lock box I used for my son's bento. (Next time, I'll make sure they are in their own container.)

Since I didn't want his meal to "stand out" in the middle school lunchroom, I went rather subtle for the first bento. There were blueberries in the cup in the upper left, a jello cup in the upper right, some edamame in the lower right and a lovely Dove chocolate on top. (I added a second chocolate to increase the carb count to reach our goal.)

In terms of diabetes, the carb count for this lunch was 100 grams of carbs.
The pitas weren't gluten free, but... since we don't have an official Celiac diagnosis yet (coming soon), he's supposed to eat a little gluten every day until all testing is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment