Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dad's bento (#22)

I had made some meatloaf and meatloaf "meatballs" last Friday and the hubster was mad that I only let him have one slice for a late dinner and put all the other goodies in the freezer to be bagged up for lunches.

Today, I relented and defrosted a slice for his lunch. I was feeling so accomodating that I also whipped up some mashed potatoes and barbeque sauce for his dining pleasure. I included my latest food obsession -- edamame! Yummy scrummy!


I made him another side salad in my Putifresh lockable container -- it had sliced carrots and almonds. The cup holds more mustard vinaigrette. I tucked three mini Kit Kats into the lid of the green Putifresh 2-tier bento box. His lunch bag also has some dried apple slices and a small apple too!

I'm not winning any Mother of the Year awards for the boy's lunch -- he got a PB&J, a fruit cup and a Capri Sun. I guess I'm holding a grudge today since he forgot to bring home his lunchbag ....from FRIDAY!!

Sheesh

2 comments:

  1. You had me right up to the word meatloaf. I hope yours is better than my mom's. ;) I have meatloaf nightmares still and it's been nearly 20 years since my last slice of mom's meatloaf!

    This business of husbands craving meatloaf always amazes me. My DH has to make his own. ;) Then he all but inhales it. :p

    ReplyDelete