Monday, April 27, 2009

Latest Ichiban Kan shipment

I got so excited when I learned on the Lunch In A Box forums that Ichiban Kan had received a new container from Japan and were uploading new items to their online store. I got a little "panicky" when I heard that they were quickly selling out of egg molds and I hopped online and bought stuff without really planning it out.

So... what did I get?


I got two Hakoya boxes for my "boys" -- and I like how they are large enough to hold a sandwich as well as other lunch items. What I had thought was a repositionable divider was actually a small, angled-sided "cup" -- not quite what I needed, but I can see a use for it. The belts on these are rather nice, very strong, and secure. They come with a bag as well, but we tuck our bento boxes into thermal bags so I'm not sure how I'll use these.


I got the small red one for me -- and boy, was it S.M.A.L.L. It's practically a snack box!

Then I filled out my egg mold collection with fish, car, star, and heart. (But I have to admit that I'm the only one in the family who will eat a hard-boiled egg!)

I added to my Natural Lunch collection with the small, tight-lidded containers, one in each color -- sold as a set! These were much smaller than I'd assumed (see how big my hand looks... and my hands are small), but they will be good as mayo cups or to hold small items.


All in all, a pretty good haul, but I wish I'd waited until they were completely done cataloging and uploading the new items -- I've already found new things I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment