Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ikea products for bento

We had several doctors appointments today (still no definite Celiac diagnosis, but we've scheduled the endoscopy for late June.) As we left the last one, I realized that we'd be passing an Ikea on our way and that would be a great place to check for some interesting containers to use as bento boxes.


I liked this interesting cookie cutter set, but didn't get it.


Raritet containers are nice, sturdy and rather "manly." I bought the large rectangle because it's a great size, has a steam vent in the lid, and has a small, sealed container within. They are dishwasher and microwave safe. The larger box was around $10 and the smaller one was around $6.


These weren't marked with a name, but they were on display in the pre-check out area. They are three hinged boxes -- but one of the hinges snapped as I was putting it together once I got home. OY! They are rather deep and will be good for sandwiches. Even though I wasn't sure if they are food containers, they have markings indicating that they're food safe, as well as dishwasher and microwave safe too. They were $3.


Distans - sold as a 3-pack for about $6. I like that they seem very sturdy with a tight lid. Again, they are dishwasher and microwave safe.


These were actually my reason for shopping -- I'd seen them listed on eBay and knew they'd be great for making Jell-o Jiggler shapes!

1 comment:

  1. You've scored a cool bunch of stuff at Ikea's! I guess I should check out my local store soon LOL

    ReplyDelete