Friday, May 29, 2009

Family bentos (#49, #50 and #51)

I was up stupid late last night doing what turned out to be the less important of two writing projects for my overworked hubby.

Six AM came verrrry early today and I had to not only drag myself out of bed to get going, but had to motivate The Boy with some intense hollering.

Yes... it was definitely hollering.

While he got showered, flapped his hair into True Awesomeness, and discarded two sets of shorts before hollering back that he didn't have enough shirts in his drawer FULL of shirts, I got his breakfast and lunch ready.


It's just a ham and cheese sandwich, some pretzels and cheese. The time-consuming addition was a watermelon that I cut up to include in the sealed container of this Hakoya box.

I packed two identical lunches for myself and the Hubster:


A big container of watermelon, some turkey sausage I fried up and let cool, leftover quesedillas, some cheese, some crackers and my favorite cookies from Ikea.

I really liked these boxes I got at Ikea yesterday -- they washed well in the dishwasher without warping one iota. They are quite deep and, since this lunch didn't have a ton in it, I know my food will shift around a bit. (I realized now that I should have added some veggies to tighten it up!)

In all today's lunches, I used the "vegetable" picks I got from Daiso and they looked really adorable without being cutesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment